- A browser includes E-mail features, Newsreaders and tools for Downloads files.
- Famous browsers are Netscape Communicator and Internet Explorer.
Getting to a web page:
You can enter the required URL into address bar of the browser or you can access a web page by clicking on link.
- Every page on a web site has many links which are connected with specified pages or topics.
- If you want to return previous page just click on “Back” button.
- After you have used a link, it changes color.
It takes you back to the very first page of site.
Back and Forward Buttons:
“Back” displays the last viewed page and “Forward” displays the next page.
Stop Button aborts the current transfer of information from the ISP to your computer.
Used to print current page.
SEARCHING THE INTERNET:
- There are millions of sites on the web, so it’s very difficult to find your required site.
- Search Engines are designed to help the users to find their required site.
- You just enter word related to your required stuff and click on button labeled “Search”, “Go Get It” or “Seek”.
- Popular search engines are Alta Vista Excite Yahoo Google (etc.)
- Downloading is the process of saving data from internet to your computer.
- User can download Software’s Files attached with E-mails