- o Less execution speed than Machine and Assembly language
- Some examples are
- C / C++
- Visual Basic
- Java (etc)
- Types are
- Procedural Languages
- Non-procedural Languages
- Object Oriented Languages
- Database Query Languages
- Also called Statement Oriented Languages.
- Its consists of sequence of statements.
- Tell the computer how a goal achieve, by giving a sequence of instructions.
- Execution of statement is in sequence.
- Also called Logical Based Languages.
- Tell the computer how a goal achieve, by giving a specification.
- Non-procedural Language executes by checking for the presence of a certain conditions & when it is satisfied, they execute an appropriate action.
- Execution of these languages is similar to procedural languages except that statements are not sequential.
Object Oriented Programming (OOP):
- Programming by using “Objects”.
- Can be procedural or non-procedural.
Object-oriented programming;s principles are: