APPLYING SECURITY ON FOLDERS:
- Open Folder Options.
- Go to View Tag and uncheck “Use Simple File sharing”. Then
- Go to Folder Properties → Security → Remove all Users → Click on Add → Advanced → Find Now → Add users as per requirement
- Apply Permissions to users as your requirement.
- Security window has two parts. ACL(Access Control List)
- Having user names ACE (Access Control Entry)
- Having user rights
- Administrator can view Secret data of any user by getting “Ownership” rights.
- Only Administrator has right at disk level.
- Single head symbol represents “User” and Double head symbol represents “Group”.
- Quota is the space allocated by Administrator to users.
- Quota has two types
1) Default Quota
2) User Base Quota
- Equal spaced is allocated by administrator to all users.
- E: Drive → Properties → Quota
- Enable Quota Management
- Deny Disk Space
- Limit Space → 300 MB , Set Warning → 200 MB
User Base Quota:
- Different space is allocated by administrator to all users.
- E: Drive → Properties → Quota → Quota Entries → Go to User Properties → Limit Space → 300 MB , Set Warning → 200 MB
MICROSOFT MANAGEMENT CONSOLE:
- It is software which makes Console (Container or Bags).
- It has windows management tools also called “Snap-ins”.
- All Snap-ins are stored in C:\Windows\System 32
- Snap-ins has extension .msc.
- Run → MMC → File → Add / Remove Snap-ins → Add → Local User and Groups
- Save “Snap-Ins” on desktop.
HARD DISK PARTITION:
- Logical division of Hard disk is called “Partition”.
- Two standards of Partition are
- Basic Disk Standard
- Dynamic Disk Standard
Basic Disk Standard:
- This includes FDisk, Disk Manager, Partition Magic, and other such kind of tools.
- Supports all operating systems (Dos Based, Windows Based)
- One Disk should be “Primary”, then “Extended” and “Logical Drives” are in Extended.
- Maximum 4 primary partitions can be created in this standard but normally we create 1 Primary and Remaining space is allocated for extended which is use for making Logical drives.
Dynamic Disk Standard: