TYPES OF DATA:
Two types of data
1) Digital Signals:
- Computer use digital signals.
- Data in the form of “0” and “1”.
- Refers to something that is discrete.
- A set of specific points of data with no other points in between.
- An example of digital data is data stored in the memory of a computer in the form of OS and IS it is usually converted to digital signal when needed to be transmitted.
2) Analog Signals:
- Telephone lines use Analog signals.
- Analog refers to something that is continuous.
- A set of specific points of data and all possible points in between.
- Data in the form of waves.
- An example of analog data is human voice when somebody speaks a continuous wave is created in the air.