- Information is the meaningful form of data.
- Information is used frequently.
- Information is small in size.
- Information is available to people for sale.
Data processing referred to operation carried out on data to convert it into meaningful information.
LEVELS OF DATA PROCESSING:
We can divide data processing based on the amount of the work which is done by the human beings with the amount of the work which are expected from the computers. In order to get better results, we can divide it into three following levels.
- Manual Data Processing
- Mechanical Data Processing
- Electronic Data Processing
Manual Data Processing:
In manual data processing human beings converts data into information without using any machinery. This method is very time consuming and there is a lot of chances of errors.