- – Lyrical ballad is the result of the collaboration between Wordsworth and Coleridge
- – They considered to have marked the beginning of the English Romantic movement in literature
- – It‘s the first manifesto of the new poetry, which opened with Coleridge‘s The Rime of the Ancient Mariner and concluded with Wordsworth‘s Tintern Abbey
- – The primary focus is on nature, where they found the truth and other lost values; concerned with psychology, and claiming that the human soul is the center of everything
- – Wordsworth was the first to raise the question of the appropriate poetic language. He added a preface to the second edition of the Lyrical Ballads, where he discussed the origin and purpose of the poetry. The preface influenced the whole Romantic Movement and much subsequent poetry in English. Poetry is: ―a spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings that can only be done by an oversensitive person.
Explain Lawrence’s remarks. “It is strange, the incompatibility of death with life. It is one or the other”.
Q. Explain Lawrence’s remarks. “It is strange, the incompatibility of death with life. It is ...