- These are also peripheral devices that transfer data from main memory to user.
- Output unit receives data from main memory in binary form and converts it into user readable form.
- Some common output devices are Monitors
- Printers Plotters Speaker
- Fax Machine (etc).
- Buses are wires, which used to carry data from one location to other inside the processor.
- Three main buses are Data Bus & Address Bus Control Bus
- It is 8-bit bus.
- It is Bi-Directional bus.
- Data sent from Processor to Memory (Write operation) or from Memory to Processor” (Read operation).
- It is 16-bit bus.
- It is Uni-Directional bus.
- It carries 16-bit address code from “Processor to Memory”, which is accessing for a Read or Write operation.
- It is grouping of timing and control signals of processor.
- Some control lines are output from Processor and some are input to the processor.
- Ports are combination of wires through which data travels.
- Two types of ports are Parallel Port & Serial Port