Important Questions of Spectroscopy
I. What is spectroscopy? Discuss the various types of spectroscopy with respect to electromagnetic radiation.
2. What arc electromagnetic radiations? Name different parts of them. How can different parts of electromagnetic radiations be differentiated.
3. Define the Beer-Lambert law. Give their limitations.
4. Explain the difference between:
(a) Allowed transition and forbidden transition.
(b) Chromophore and auxochrome.
(c) Bathochromic shift and hypsocluomic shift.
5. Describe the various parts of a.uv-visible spectrometer- and their working.
6. How will you measure the concentration of KMn04 solution by uv-visible spectroscopy?
7. How is IR spectrometer different from a uv-visible spectronieter?
8. Discuss the vibrational modes of molecules responsible for an IR spectrum.
9. Give the IR stretching wave number of C- N, C=0, N-H and O-H groups.
10. Discuss the interpretation of different peaks of 1-hexene.
11. Write down the applications of uv-visible and IR spectroscopy.
USE SEARCH OPTION TO GET NOTES OF THESE QUESTIONS……