- Newsgroups are electronic discussion groups through which people can exchange their ideas and information.
- Newsgroup articles are stored on a computer called a news server.
- To read the articles you need a program called newsreader.
- Newsreader shows you a list of current articles in any newsgroups you choose to view.
- E-mail stands for “Electronic Mail”.
- E-mail is very popular communication tool used to share information among users on internet.
- User can Read, Write or Delete E-mail.
- User can also attach file with E-mail.
- Popular E-mail programs are Microsoft Outlook Outlook Express Eudora Yahoo Hotmail Google (etc.)
- We need some language for Communication with others.
- Examples are
- o English
- o Arabic
- o French
- o Urdu (etc)
- Computer language is a way of communication between user and computer.
- Each language has certain rules called syntax of language.
- Two main types are
- o Low level language or Machine Language
- o Assembly Language or Middle Level Language o High level language or User Level Language
Low Level Languages:
- Binary code (0 and 1) is used in these languages.
- Also called Machine Language.
- These languages are normally used to control hardware.
- Advantages are
• Very fast execution speed
• Direct access on hardware