All parts of a computer which we can See and Touch are called Hardware. OR
All Physical parts of a computer are called computer hardware.
Mouse, CD, Cables, Monitor, Keyboard (etc)
“Computer programs are called software”. A computer program is a set of instructions to solve a particular problem.
Firmware is the intermediate form between hardware and software, which consists of software embedded in electronic chips.
Ms-Paint, Ms-Excel, Win 98, UNIX (etc)
TYPES OF SOFTWARE:
Software is of two types.
1) System Software or Operating System:
Collection of operative programs whose purpose is to make the use of computer more effective.
- Without system software it’s impossible to operate computer.
- It deals with computer hardware.
Win 98, Win Xp, Ms-DOS, Linux, UNIX (etc)
2) Application Software or Computer Programs:
- Fulfill the needs of a user.
- Such as Typing a Letter, Playing Games, Preparing Payroll.
- Application software is normally supplied as a package, consisting of the following
Ms-Paint, Ms-Excel, Internet Explorer (etc)