Choosing the Best Keywords for Your Website -SEO Tips & Tricks
Keyword/ Key phrase is the term which the user types in the search box of search engines to get the relevant information.You will have to choose the most appropriate keywords for your webpages you want to optimize and make proper bifurcations throughout the website.
There are various factors involved in keyword research, we will move step-by-step.
(Top Keyword Choice Factors)
• Niche Audience: These are the targeted visitors, which the website owner would want them to visit. We have to choose those kinds of keywords that our niche audience would more frequently type in the search box.
For ABC Pharmaceuticals, niche audience would be people suffering from some illness, doctors, ayurvedic clinics, researchers etc. So for them we will choose keywords like medicine to cure diabetes, herbal products for joint pain, herbal products, ayurvedic medicines etc.So even though it takes some amount of time, but try to research on your exact niche audience and target keywords for them.
• Keyword Suggestion : Now that you are aware of your niche audience and basic keywords, next step is to get suggestions for more keywords. This will help you in finalizing the exact keywords and will give you more options for the keyword selection.
For this, we would use the tool called as keyword tool from Google. This tool first takes in the all the relevant information such as location of target audience and the basic keywords which we had acquired in previous step.
After submitting the basic keywords, the keyword tool processes them and gives back all the suggested keywords based on synonyms as well as keywords based on number of times they are searched in a month.
For example, when we enter basic keywords such as herbal products, ayurvedic medicines in the keyword tool, we obtain keyword suggestions as follows, herbal beauty products, herbal ayurveda products, ayurveda, natural herbal products, natural ayurvedic medicines etc.
From this information we select the maximum keywords and then move on to our next step.
• Daily/ Monthly World Searches and Competition: After obtaining the suggested keywords, we have to filter out the best keywords for which we can optimize our webpage. Now the keyword tool will provide us with the monthly search volume for all keywords and the competition we can get from the search engines where the total number of results will indicate the competition.Monthly world searches indicate how many times a certain keyword is searched by visitors and the competition is the number of webpages which appear for that keyword.
For example, “herbal products” has global monthly search volume of 90,500 and the competition for it on Google India is 11,700,000
Always choose a keyword which has a high search volume so that when you optimize you webpage for that keyword, we can bring in more traffic on the page.
Secondly choose a keyword wisely according to the competition. Do not choose a very generic keyword which has very high competition. When we try to optimize the webpage on generic keywords, we generally miss out on our niche keywords which could bring us more traffic and better search engine visibility.
We have to try and strike balance between the search volume and competition. You will master this skill with experience and smart knowledge of market.
• Keyword Effectiveness Index (K.E.I)
If you still have trouble filtering out the best keywords, here is a formula by SEO expert Sumantra Roy. KEI crowns the preliminary research by combining the data about the daily world searches and competition.
K.E.I. = (DS^2/C)= ((DS*DS)/C)
DS = Number of daily World Searches
C = Competition
We have the data for monthly world searches from google keyword tool, so when we divide that value with 30 (approx no. of days in a month) , we will obtain the daily world searches.
K.E.I. ranges from 0 to over 400.
You can use the below figures to get the exact keywords for the webpage;
K.E.I < 0.001 = Poor Keyword
0.001< K.E.I. < 0.010 = Good Keyword
0.010 > K.E.I. > 0.100+ = Excellent Keyword
We again take the same example of “herbal products” and try to calculate K.E.I. for the same,
Monthly search volume for herbal products = 90,500
Therefore DS = (90500/30) = 3016.67
And C = 11,700,000
So when wee apply the K.E.I. formula we get,
K.E.I. = ((3016.67*3016.67)/11700000)
Therefore final K.E.I. = 0.778
Therefore, herbal products is an excellent keyword.
Always make sure that the keyword you choose is either a good or an excellent keyword. Avoid poor keywords.
• Keyword Targeting and Dilution: Once we have made the list of all the possible keywords which we will use to optimize our website, we have to then select which keyword we are going to target for which pages.
Suppose on our ABC pharmaceuticals website we have pages for ayurvedic medicines and another page for herbal products, then keywords related with herbal products have to be targeted on herbal products page and all ayuirvedic medicines related keywords on ayurvedic medicines page.
What if we do not follow the above rule?
It will lead to keyword dilution. When we try to optimize a webpage for a keyword which does not have relevant content related to that keyword, it will dilute the relevant keywords for that page and as a result the page cannot be optimized properly even though we are following all other strategies properly.
Don’t Miss to View
how to choose keywords for google adwords
how to choose keywords for abstract
how to choose keywords for journal article
how to choose keywords for my blog
how to choose keywords for ppc campaign
how to choose keywords for paper
how to choose keywords for youtube video
how to choose keywords for adwords