- Disk Duplicator is a device used to copy data of Master drive to Slave drives.
- Hardware should be same for all computers.
- We can attach many slave drives with disk duplicator.
- Functions of Disk Duplicator are Create Partitions
Copy data of Master drive to Slave drives
- Price of Disk duplicator is almost 1 or 3/2 lac.
- Disk duplicator is very expensive technique so alternate solution is Norton Ghost or Win Image
- Norton Ghost is used to Copy data from master drive to slave drive.
- Main features of Norton Ghost are Disk-to-Disk
- Partition-to-Partition Partition-to-Image
- Two methods of cloning / copying data are Windows Based
- Install Norton Ghost on windows environment.
- Attach another Hard disk and make it slave.
- Norton will copy all sectors of master drive with data to slave. This method is called Cloning or Image.
- Insert Bootable CD of Norton Ghost
- Run Norton Ghost
- Copy data from master drive to slave drive
SysPrep (System Preparation) Installation:
- By using Norton Ghost all computers will have same Name, IP address, Domain so there is a problem in networking environment.
- SysPrep is provided solution of above problem.
- “SysPrep” is available in “setupmgr.cab” file.
- “SysPrep” will remove System Name, IP address, CD-Key, CID (System Identifier).
- “SysPrep” file will use on master system
- Run “SysPrep” file and select “mini setup mode” then click on “OK” button.
- Window will shut down and start in mini setup mode and write answers of questions.
- Mini setup mode can remove through making answer file. SysPrep.inf
Copy this file into C:\SysPrep