FILE SHARING AND SECURITY:
How to Share a Folder:
- Right click on required folder → Sharing and Security → Share this folder → Share name → ok
- Shared data can be accessed through
- UNC (Universal Naming Convention) Path
- Network Neighborhood
- Map Network Drive
- Most common way of accessing shared data is Run → \\172.16.0.100
Permission / Security on Folder:
- We can assign permission to different users.
- Permissions can be Full Control Change
- Max 10 users can access shared data at a time in windows Xp.
- In standalone computer “NTFS” will check user permission.
- In Networking Environment “Network Permission” will be checked then “Local Permission” will be checked.
- “Network Permission” is “Read-Only” By Default.
USEFUL TOOLS OF WINDOWS XP:
- This tool is used in GUI environment.
- Built-in tool of win Xp.
- This tool is used for coping Data and Configuration into USB
Other Partition (D: or E 🙂 Network Computer
- Normally used when format old system and install new system then first copy data from old computer then paste on new computer.
- System Tools → File and Setting Transfer Wizard
- For Win 98, Win 2000
Xp CD → Support → Tools → FASTWIZ
“USMT” (User State Migration Tool):
- Its function is same like “FASTWIZ”.
- DOS based program.
- Not used now a day.
- Service Pack 2 has three main features Windows Firewall
Pop-Up Blocker Internet
- Firewall is used to block un-wanted Incoming (Inbound) and Outgoing (Outbound) traffic of a computer.
- Control Panel→ Firewall → General → ON → Ok