- Its shape is just like a ring.
- Also called Token Ring Topology.
- Connects the nodes (computers) in a circular Chain.
- Point-to-point Communication only with two devices on either side of it.
- A signal or Token is passed along the ring in the direction (Anti Clock Wise), from device to device, until it reaches its required destination.
- Better Performance than Bus Topology but less effective than Star Topology.
- Not very common used for large networks.
- Adding additional nodes is easy.
- All computers have equal access on network.
- Difficult to configure
- If Cable breaks, then whole Network will goes down.
- If any link goes down, then network will also goes down.
- Only one medium for Data Transmission so Transmission Speed is very slow.