- Most common use now a day.
- Point-to-Point or Uni-cost Communication.
- Security of data.
- All Computers will be connected to a Central controller, usually called a HUB or Switch.
- Central device (Switch or HUB) has addresses of all computers connected to it.
- If one device wants to send the data to another, it sends the data to the controller, which then relays the data to other connected devices.
- o Fast Communication Speed as compared to Bus Topology.
- o Easy to install and wire.
- o If one computer fails, no effect on network.
- o Easy to detect and remove faults.
- o High installation cost as compared to Bus Topology.
- o If central device fails then entire network will goes down.