- Cabling layout of a network is called topology.
- Network topologies are following.
- o Bus
- o Ring
- o Star
- All computers are connected with a single cable called a bus.
- At the end of bus, terminator is installed that absorbs the singles.
- Data travels along the cable until it reaches to the required computer.
- Suitable for small networks.
- If any computer goes down all network will goes down.
- It uses Carrier Sense Multiple Access (CSMA) technology.
- Its shape is just like a ring.
- Each computer is connected with its to adjacent computers.
- Data will travel in one direction around the ring.
- If any computer goes down then all network will goes down.
- All computers are connected with a central device called hub.
- Very popular for small networks.
- More expensive than bus topology.
- Data will send to hub than hub will send it to the required computer.
- If any computer goes down there is no effect on network.